LIST OF FEATURES
TYPE T DIAPHRAGM
- DIAPHRAGM - Made of Teflon for greatest
compatibility with practically all chemicals.
- GREATER ACCURACY - The Teflon diaphragm is more
sensitive than a metal diaphragm, with increased
displacement due to greater flexibility and elasticity.
The Type T, Series 6, Zeal is the most sensitive quality
Diaphragm Seal available.
- SIMPLIFIED LIQUID
FILLING OPERATION - Highly efficient vacuum pump is not
necessary; highly skilled technician not required;
faster; less costly.
- LESS TEMPERATURE ERROR - More sensitive diaphragm reduces
error due to expansion of liquid fill; less back
ALL TYPES AND SERIES
- SPECIAL PATENTED FEATURE - A patented feature of the metal
diaphragm, used in the Type W and Type M Zeal, is the
addition of spoke corrugations to the radial
corrugations. The spoke corrugations reduce hoop stress
in the metal thus enabling the metal diaphragm to flex
more readily and allow more displacement of the liquid
fill fluid. This patented feature allows our Diaphragm
Seal to have more displacement that other manufacturers
and therefore is more sensitive.
- PATENTED SNAP-IN DIAPHRAGM - Eliminates the need for a costly
machined diaphragm clamping ring (wetted part) to retain
the diaphragm; lowers cost.
- SEALING - Ingenious O-ring gasketing of the
diaphragm insures minimal possibility of leakage of the
liquid fill fluid when properly installed, operated and
- SIMPLIFIED ASSEMBLY - Flanges of all Zeals, except the
flanged type, are bolted solidly together, face-to-face,
by four bolts; no skill or special tools required to
- IMPOSSIBLE TO CRUSH GASKET - Flange is recessed for gasket;
flanges squeeze gasket, do not tighten on gasket.
- FLANGES BOLT UP EASIER - Flanges bolt up metal-to-metal;
flanges bolt up directly under bolt heads; no guesswork
required to tighten bolts; no "feel" required; quicker,
easier, flanges remain parallel.
- SELF-ENERGIZED GASKET - Process pressure is used to pressure
load the process gasket surface; the greater the process
pressure, the greater the sealing pressure.
- GASKET PRESSURE IS CONSTANT - When flanges separate slightly from
stretch of bolts, due to high pressure, the process
flange gasket pressure on sealing surfaces remains
constant thus preventing leakage.
- EASY TO CLEAN - Except for styles 10 or 11, all Zeals
can be disassembled at the flanges and reassembled many
times; simple, quick, no loss of liquid fill.
Design Information I
Operating Instructions I
How to Order
ZAVODA MANUFACTURING CO., INC.
5848 Hwy. 71 West * P. O.
Box 506 * La Grange, Texas 78945
Phone: (979) 242-3300 * Fax (979) 242-3353